Laie, Oahu, Hawaii

The Laie LDS Temple
The Laie Hawaii Temple was the first temple built outside of the continental United States.
At just 10,500 square feet, the Laie Hawaii Temple was the smallest temple the Church had ever constructed.
The Laie Hawaii Temple was originally named the Hawaii Temple.
The Laie Hawaii Temple stands adjacent to Church-owned Brigham Young University–Hawaii. The Church's other two universities; Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, and Brigham Young University–Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho; also have adjacent temples.
The Laie Hawaii Temple sits on the original Mormon landholdings of Hawaii known as Laie Plantation. The 6,000-acre parcel was purchased in 1865 for $14,000.

 I visited the Temple one sunny weekend.  My friend and I did the tour and were warmly greeted at the visitor center by a delightful guide.  I'm pleased to post my collection of photos from that visit.















Comments

Very nice location and photos! As I told you, I will see it for myself... one day - LOL
Unknown said…
Beautiful pics. Gorgeous location. I hope to make there with my hubby one day.
Unknown said…
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
Thank you Anjuli Johnson.
David said…
Très jolies photos, c'est avec bonheur que je les ai admirée. Bravo.
Unknown said…
Thank you, David Bayard.
Murfomurf said…
Beautiful grounds- lovely photographs!
Unknown said…
Thank you Kay Walker.

Popular posts from this blog

10 Favorites for 2014